Guilt and Blessings From Indiana and to Florida

I have been, (Like most of you, I am sure) watching the weather coming into Florida.I feel so helpless for all the people in harm's way right now.  My hopes and prayers are with them.

Once upon a time, many years ago, I loved in Charlotte Harbor on Melbourne Road.  The view from my back porch (which in the old Florida home I had was the formal front porch) was the fishing pier off the Tamiami Trail (which in Indiana we call Highway 41).

I loved that old house.  You had to wear shoes to swim in the harbor because of all the broken shells, but it was so beautiful.  Orange and lemon trees, palms and hibiscus bushes.  The house came with furniture, all rattan, and was so beautiful.

Sadly, it was sold to make condos and my office with the federal government moved some 200 miles north, so I cam back to Indiana.  But while I was there I loved it.

Every season, they would have a regatta out in the harbor and there would also be speed boat races constantly.  The sunsets were glorious too.

Florida State Archives


Tamiami Trail Bridge across Caloosahatchee River - Fort Myers, Florida. 19--?. Color postcard. State Archives of Florida, Florida Memory. Accessed 9 Sep.2017.<https://www.floridamemory.com/items/show/158914>.

Comments

Popular Posts

This site participates in the Amazon Associates program.
Creative Commons License
This work by Rustic Scholar is licensed under a CC 4.0 International License