Picking Up Paw Paws & Black Walnuts


So, I have been blessed with this beautiful house and a yard full of flowers, plants and bounty!

This time of year, that means I have lots of black walnuts to try and get picked up before the squirrels get them all. I managed to hull a few of them.  Even wearing gloves, my hands are still walnut tinted! 👵 

I also have these beautiful paw paw trees that me and the squirrels battle for as well.  Today, I managed to get four fully ripe paw paws and I intend to make some paw paw bread for our weekend.  (Hoping my granddaughter comes today!)

So here is my basic recipe (from Food.com)  - Food.com

  • 1 cup  sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 12 cup butter (room temperature)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 12 cup sour cream 
  • 1 12 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 12 teaspoon salt   
  •  34 cup paw paws(ripe and mashed)
  • 14 cup banana (ripe and mashed)
  • 12 cup walnuts

Directions

  1. Grease a large loaf pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Cream butter,sugar,eggs and vanilla with electric mixer.
  3. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture.
  4. Stir in paw paw puree, mashed bananas and walnuts. Mix until just blended. Do not over mix.
  5. Pour batter in greased loaf pan.
  6. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until knife comes out clean.

 My First of the Season Paw Paws ~




 And my black walnuts after yesterdays picking up ~




  



What I have hulled so far!







    

😆












Comments

Popular Posts

This site participates in the Amazon Associates program.
Creative Commons License
This work by Rustic Scholar is licensed under a CC 4.0 International License